Do you know how to lead your team in a connecting and powerful way in order to realize the tasks we face in a professional manner? Do you also have extensive experience as a manager? Municipality of Haarlemmermeer is looking for a decisive
Team manager Society, Sport and Culture- Team Welfare & Leisure
(Team manager – 36 hours – scale 13, max € 6,616)
Building Haarlemmermeer and managing our organization requires passion. Collaboration and appreciation are of paramount importance to us, in combination with a focus on results and professionalism.
make the difference
At the Municipality of Haarlemmermeer you work for more than 150,000 inhabitants every day. With your expertise, ambition and energy you can really make a difference. You do this together with more than 1,200 colleagues. At Haarlemmermeer you will find urban dynamism and a village character. In between you will find beautiful nature, rich history and agricultural land. This means that in your work you come into contact with all kinds of subjects, interests and challenges. Haarlemmermeer will continue to grow strongly in the coming years and our society will not stand still either. There is therefore plenty to do where we can make good use of your knowledge, decisiveness and vision. Will you move with us and challenge us with your fresh look?
You will work for one of the largest municipalities in the Netherlands that stands for participation and connection. If you have demonstrable affinity, knowledge and experience with one of these policy fields and if you are not unfamiliar with the political-administrative playing field, we would like to hear from you!
Your role as Team Manager Welfare & Leisure
As a team manager you are part of a team of the Society Sport and Culture (SSC) cluster, a cluster that is part of the social domain. The team consists of several policy fields, including Welfare, Sport, Culture and Recreation. Driven professionals work in the team, who largely perform their tasks independently.
As a team manager you are a sparring partner for employees, colleagues, cluster manager, management and college and you manage the achievement of results of individual employees within the policy field in which they work. You support the employees in their role as advisor to the board and you monitor the workload of the employees together. The aim here is to allow the employees to function optimally. You also have an important role in shaping the impact of the cutbacks on policy.
Leading values are shared, professional and appreciative.
The focus of you as a team manager is now on sustainably reducing the workload by making choices and deploying employees on qualities and competencies. This also includes ensuring an overview and prioritization of the workload. And addressing behaviour, agreements made, (ingrained) cultural patterns and personal responsibility.
From a natural authority and experience you ensure tranquility in an always dynamic environment. As a team manager you are responsible for the daily management and budget responsible for all tasks in the field of Welfare & Leisure.
Where are you going to work?
Cluster Society, Sport and Culture has the task of strengthening ‘living together’. Together with social partners, this cluster provides policy advice in various policy fields such as sports, recreation, culture, education, youth, welfare, housing and the labor market. You work with external partners and colleagues from the social domain. The cluster consists of three teams, in addition to the Welfare & Leisure team, a policy team for the Youth, Education, Labor Market and Housing team and a Subsidies team.
This is what we look for in you
You are used to leading professionals at HBO and WO level, where you are able to flexibly apply different management styles and control instruments. You give space and confidence to professional actions and you direct and take control where necessary. You know the professional field inside out and you know how to deal with official clients and the public administration. You are a strong communicator, decisive and you know how to tackle things.
In addition to the above competencies, we find the following important:
- You have an academic working and thinking level in the direction of public administration, political science or social sciences;
- You have managerial experience and at least 8 years of experience in advising a municipal council. You have a broad view of the work field and you are able to make a translation from outline to practice. You are able to connect with the other clusters of both the social and physical domain and organizations outside the municipality.
- You preferably have knowledge about, but certainly an affinity with, the social domain and you are aware of the problems that arise there.
- You have a sense of humor and are flexible and you inspire and motivate your employees. You have an innovative, guiding and coaching leadership style that is characterized by connection, collaboration and thoroughness. You enjoy your work and convey that to the people you work with. You have experience with team development and strengthening management.
This is what you get from us
- A warm welcome, good guidance and great collegial involvement.
- A salary between € 4,965 and € 6,616 gross per month based on a 36-hour working week.
- An individual choice budget of 17.05% of your gross monthly salary that you can have paid out or with which you can buy extra vacation days, for example.
- A good package with fringe benefits, such as an ABP pension scheme.
- Work where and when you want and flexible start and end times, depending on your position. Supported with a phone and laptop.
- Professional growth and development with our training academy Build on Yourself, career coaching and The Good Conversation.
- Personal vitality thanks to the MEERVitaal program and various activities, such as the month of vitality, support for informal care, workshops for parents with young children.
- Young Civil servants: a network with and for all new colleagues (young and old).
Do you recognize yourself in the description above? We would like to receive your response with an up-to-date CV and motivation letter in which you indicate what your focus is and what inspires you in this position. You can respond no later than March 27 via our application page† We only process applications that we receive via www.werkenbijhaarlemmermeer.nl.
The selection interviews will take place on Tuesday 29 March. We kindly ask you to take this into account.
A development or selection assessment can be part of this procedure.
For substantive information about the position, please contact Jaap Huibers (Cluster Manager SSC) email@example.com or Bert Fink (Team Manager Welfare & Leisure) via firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 06-20801946 .
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.