Almelo, 36 hours a week
Thanks to you clean, sufficient and safe water.
As a team manager you lead the team in making the translation of the new environmental requirements into the internal organization and the development of the team, employees and functions. This way you ensure clean, safe and enough water in your own way. Do you want to create and add value?
Then apply directly for the position of team manager Strategy & Environment at the Vechtstromen water board!
Waterschap Vechtstromen is working on dry feet, sufficient and clean water. A mission that is becoming increasingly complex in view of major social challenges such as climate change, tackling the nitrogen problem and housing construction. This requires the water board to operate increasingly in collaboration with other authorities and social partners. In order to properly implement this development, the organization has defined two tasks that should help us to actually realize this mission and in which the R&D team has an important role. In the first place, this is increasing our strategic capacity. As a water board, we look long-term ahead at developments and know how to translate these into choices for our water board. To this end, we increasingly operate in (inter)national and regional networks and we proactively establish connections. Stimulating innovation within our own organization and together with our partners is very important. In the second place, it is our ambition to increase our realization power by ensuring that we get what we agree on. Clear goals and results are essential here, as is a clear division of roles and management in the organization.
The R&D team plays a crucial role in the organization when it comes to increasing strategic capacity. The employees are sparring partners for the board and management. A development plan for the cluster strategy was established in 2021 that should support this development. As the new R&D team manager, you step on a moving train and we are looking for someone who understands what movement is needed, and who is willing to further implement this together with the team.
The activities of the R&D team are divided into 3 clusters:
- Surroundings; maintaining relationships with municipalities and providing spatial planning advice.
- Grants; mainly the acquisition of regional, national and European subsidies for the realization of the tasks of the Water Board.
- Strategy; steering on the priority administrative themes from the administrative agreement and coordination of the realization of policy products by the organization. As well as public affairs, innovation stimulation and international cooperation.
Work with meaning and connection
As a team manager you lead the team by means of clear and challenging result and development objectives. You know how to inspire your team to get the best out of themselves. This way you ensure clean, safe and sufficient water in your own way.
- As the manager of the R&D team, you are integrally responsible for the performance and results of the team. You work closely with fellow team managers and with the program leaders in the field of prioritization, investments and projects.
- You inspire your team by providing direction and guidance to achieve results and development objectives. You stimulate and motivate employees in their own development and to achieve maximum results.
- You have a clear vision of the role of Vechtstromen in its environment and you know how to express these views and opinions clearly and with a feeling for a political-administrative environment. You keep an eye on maintaining the relationships.
- You successfully use your experience with change processes to achieve the above development goals.
Together we are strong
With our concern for clean, sufficient and safe water, we want to contribute to an attractive living environment: that is our mission. In doing so, we are faced with major challenges due to the changing climate, the demands on water quality and our pursuit of sustainability. We are experts in treating sewage and managing and maintaining nearly 4000 kilometers of rivers, streams and ditches. We do all this with great commitment to and in connection with our living environment. More than 500 employees roll up their sleeves every day to provide water in Twente, the Vechtdal and Southeast Drenthe.
As a Strategy & Environment Team Manager you will work from our work locations Almelo, Hardenberg, Sleen, Hengelo and Emmen. The Strategy & Environment team has 27 colleagues. The team consists of highly committed and enthusiastic employees. The team members like to express their vision based on expertise and experience.
Your future manager Mirjam Koekoek says: “A wonderful challenge for an experienced manager who can take our water board further by increasing its strategic capacity. You connect strategic goals with daily activities and ensure that team and personal development are strengthened. Open, approachable, people-oriented, but also critical and steady when necessary. Your managerial sensitivity, which is focused on collaboration, helps us as an organization.”†
Thanks to you
Honest, down to earth, reliable and open. This characterizes our people at the Vechtstromen water board. As you can expect, we all have a ‘something’ with water. This is of course no different for you, because that is one of the reasons why you fit so well with us. When we ask people in your environment to describe you, they immediately say that you are a connecting leader, who knows how to inspire the team from a people-oriented perspective.
You are decisive and decisive. You are able to situationally coach, stimulate and motivate the team on individual development from the perspective of connecting leadership and you have the ability to be a constructive and critical sparring partner for board, management, managers and advisors. With your approach you create connections in your team between specialists and generalists. Moreover, you want to commit yourself to our water board and to this position for a longer period of time. In addition, you have:
- Academic work and thinking level.
- Affinity with the disciplines to be managed, as evidenced by education or experience and a clear vision of the work of the water board.
- Demonstrated experience in leading professionals.
- Demonstrable experience with change tasks and developing teams to a higher quality plan in the field of strategy and policy and you have achieved results in this.
- The disposal of a large dose of managerial sensitivity, stress resistance and self-confidence.
- Preferably experience in the public domain.
Your future colleagues Piet van Erp and Els Boerrigter say: “We are looking for an energetic team manager who is involved in the team both socially and substantively. Is your management style listening, thinking along and coaching? And do you have a sufficiently high level of abstraction to be a good sparring partner for experienced, task-adult and independently operating employees? Then we hope that you will become our manager.”†
You deserve it
Trust is our number one priority. We want to be a decisive organization with agile employees and believe that this starts with you. That’s why we offer you all the freedom and all the confidence to be the best version of yourself. And that’s not all, because as a Strategy & Environment Team Manager at the Vechtstromen water board, you also earn for a 36-hour working week:
- A gross monthly salary between € 4,108 and € 5,821.
- An elective budget of around 21% of your gross annual salary. You can freely use this for extra leave, extra holiday pay, an end-of-year bonus and so on. This also includes 8% holiday pay.
- The possibility to work from home and flexibly in consultation.
- An attractive travel allowance.
- A flexible leave of 144 hours.
- A personal budget to follow courses, courses and activities that are interesting for your field, personal development and vitality.
Even stronger with you?
To contribute to an attractive living environment as a water board, we are eager for your knowledge, expertise and personality. Do you want to make a difference? Apply immediately and no later than Wednesday 13 April 2022 through the application form on our website.
An assessment can be part of the procedure.
Still some more information first? In terms of content, you can contact Mirjam Koekoek, manager. Call her on 06-38310356. Or do you have questions about the procedure? Then you can contact Janneke Heukers, HR advisor. You can also call her on telephone number 06-29552017. For more information about our organization, see www.vechtstromen.nl/werkenbij/†
This vacancy is subject to simultaneous internal and external recruitment. In case of equal suitability, the internal candidate takes precedence over the external candidate.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.